Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Learning every day...

My poor baby had his first day of colic yesterday and it was all my fault...He never cries from gas and normally does really well during the day, hardly ever cries, sleeps all day and all night (what an angel) and is just happy all the time, but yesterday he went through 6 1/2 hours of crying non stop because the night before I was so incredibly dumb and ate this delicious pasta that miguel made, chalk full of unions and garlic, (which I couldn't taste as I have lived in Asia most of my life and there they eat tons of garlic and unions that i cant tell now when there is a lot in the food because I am so used to it) So I quite a large portion and then went for seconds only to remember that I should ask what he put in it....all that to say, he slept through the night, I guess it hadn't gotten into his system yet, but the next morning at around 10 he started crying and crying....sniff...I felt so horrible and was crying too, as I couldn't take away the pain. the poor little man finally went to sleep at around 6 pm and woke up 15 minutes later with the biggest smile on his face, I was SO relieved that he was better and happy again. (thank god babies dont hold grudges....) Anyway, He went down for the night at 8 (his normal sleep time is like 10:30) and slept all the way till 7 this morning. I'm happy now that I had to experience that so I will never forget again even if it means eating dull yucky food. I love him! Pictures are coming.

No comments: