Saturday, November 22, 2008

Time to potty train

Before I got pregnant and was used to taking care of other peoples kids, teaching and baby sitting, ect., I said that "if I ever had a kid I would start to potty train him as soon as he could sit" because I was so sick of changing 2 year olds diapers and wet clothes.
(honestly tho, its sort of gross in my opinion to have a child that can already walk and talk, not be able to say "i need to go potty". But that is debatable and a matter of opinion because some children just learn slower then others and theres nothing the parents can do about it).
Anyway, I did try...but my stubborn son refused to sit on the potty up untill a few days ago....so i guess now is a good time to start. He has been doing ok as long as I potty him every hour I can keep him pretty dry during the day. Heres some of his first potty photos.



and some others from today.


He stood by himself for the first time for about 5 seconds with daddy yesterday, I'm hoping he will be walking by next month as he has tried to take steps already and walks really well holding on. He's not scared of falling either, which is good so he keeps trying.


2 comments:

Suko Luna said...

OMG Ethan is looking oh, so very big!! He looks all grown up on his little potty. I've been checking his blog for the latest cute pics of him, but just never commented :D (don't comment on anyone's blog for that matter) but minus well venture out and do so. :)

He'll get the whole potty-training thing down eventually, no need to 'force it' upon him, it could just make matters worse. At least that's what I experienced with Kenji.
I started him around the same time and by 12 months or so he was dry all day and night for the most part and would even go # 2 in the potty (but that's the easier one). heh.
But yeah, like you said, all kids are different. But Ethan looks like a smart cookie so no need to worry too much. ;) LY! xox

John and Mya said...

wow, thats good Nemo was trained so fast, I figured he would be as you were always on top of that. I look at his blog all the time...he's sooooo cute and TALL! Love you Suko!